This role is primarily responsible for the development of neonatal positioners under the guidance of senior team members. The qualified candidate will also be working with a few hospitals to complete validation testing for the designs.
In this position, you will work as part of a multifunctional team to primarily lead the design and development of next-generation neonatal positioners that provide comfort and favorable neurodevelopmental outcomes. You will work on all aspects of the system and component design and implementation, including:
• Execute tasks in direct support of ongoing design, development, and testing efforts.
• Develop manufacturing cost-cutting strategies.
• Sampling and procurement of raw materials for ideation and proof of concepts
• Conduct verification and validation, including user experience tests to validate the designs.
• Update and release material specifications, diagrams, & manufacturing procedures under the ECO process.
• Perform repackaging of SKUs of products into various configurations on an as-needed basis.
• Know and follow all policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance at all times.
• Assume responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects and tasks.
• Work proactively, demonstrating a high level of initiative.
• Prepare technical reports, test summaries, protocols, and analyses of experiments.
• Work with QC, Marketing, and Manufacturing Departments to help launch new products.
• Pursuing a BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering / Biomedical Engineering / related field.
• Exposure to the product development process and Risk Management.
• Experience in Solidworks, Matlab, SPSS/Minitab, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in statistics (t-tests / ANOVA) and Design of Experiments.
• Excellent writing/documentation skills.
• Strong design, organizational, multi-tasking, and self-direction skills.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Hands-on experience making and testing products preferred.
• Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ
• Hours: 20+ hours/week
• Duration: 4 months
• Work-from-home: Not applicable
• Potential for extension: Yes
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and contact information here. Feel free to let us know why you are interested in this position.